Monday, July 09, 2012

Sunday afternoon

Our Sunday afternoons are usually spent at one of our parents' houses, which we love, but every now and then we get a Sunday with nothing going on at all, and it is fabulous. Yesterday was one of those empty, lazy-feeling, perfect days. We got out of church at 4, and we had a meeting that kept us there till 5, so when we got home we made a strawberry banana smoothie (with a hint of peanut butter) and walked the half-mile down to the little park near our apartment. We spread out a blanket and stayed there until 8:30. Kimball played around on his laptop (not games - his idea of fun is solving problems and figuring things out... probably hacking. Hopefully nothing serious, haha). I read and colored.

*If you're an adult who loved coloring as a child, I can almost promise you that you'll still love it. It's one of my favorite things to do when I'm over-worked or stressed, or just bored.

It was the most beautiful day, and we loved every minute of it. When we got home we had a delicious Paradise Cafe-inspired barbecue chicken salad for our late dinner, and then we watched a bit of The Hobbit (the 1977 animated version, which is hilarious but so horrible that we can only handle a few minutes at a time) and indulged (so much for no treats) in homemade vanilla ice cream and brownies. I'll share the recipes soon, because both were incredible (and I don't even like brownies). I was sick from sunday-thursday last week, and I hardly ate anything, so I'm trying to make up for the calories lost. Seriously, I was so hungry this weekend! I think I was successful.

We stayed up way too late, and slept in this morning. People keep telling us to really enjoy this time we have without kids yet, and I think we're doing a fantastic job.


No comments:

Post a Comment