Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Perfect Peanut Butter Smoothie

Okay, I was skeptical when my husband suggested we make a pb smoothie. I didn't think it sounded that great, but he loves experimenting in the kitchen, and I haven't been disappointed yet... so he went for it. It was over-the-top delicious, and I'm not entirely a peanut butter person. (I dislike peanut butter cookies, but I do like most other pb products). It was so delicious, that I have to post it here, and I'll probably pin it (super tacky, I know... It's all in the name of spreading around a great recipe, not self-promotion, I promise).

The closest thing I can compare it to is Maggie Moo's peanut butter ice cream. I love that stuff, but it's gotta be horrible for the body. This stuff is pretty healthy. I can't believe how good it tastes when I break down the ingredient list. If we ever get our hands on one of those super-blenders (soon, I hope) we'll be making this into "ice cream" for sure (just make it real thick).

Oh, and did I mention that this is full of protein?! Peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and soy!! All together in perfect muscle-building, energy-boosting, hunger-fighting harmony! It's the perfect smoothie.


Here's his (rough estimate) recipe:

-1 ripe banana
-A dollop of plain greek yogurt (2-3 oz)
-A smaller dollop of natural peanut butter (I don't think it would be nearly as good with regular peanut butter. We used Adams chunky) (1-2 oz)
-A splash of vanilla soy milk (2-3 oz)
-Half a tray of ice (8 ice cubes)

It's a smoothie, so just blend it up to your heart's content. We double the recipe for the two of us.

I bet it would be incredible with a tablespoon of cocoa thrown in the mix. We want to try it, but we love this version so much, we refuse to try anything else for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment