Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moving Madness

Our little place is looking so sad and empty. We're moving this week, and we're doing it in a funny way, but I think it's perfect. It sounds like a ton of work, but the thought of sorting through a million boxes at the end of the week is not a good one to me.

Here's our method:
We just have two big plastic bins, a big wicker basket and two laundry baskets and a little Prius which only holds about five boxes... So, I just pack up the boxes, carry them one by one to the car, drive them to the new apartment, (which is only 5 minutes away), bring in one box at a time and unload everything from that box into its new place, bring the box back to the car, and do the same with each renaming box. That way I don't get too worn out from carrying stuff non-stop, and I don't get too overwhelmed with unpacking. I may be crazy, but I love moving this way. Kimball doesn't like moving at all, regardless of the method, but he's been super helpful and nice about it, and we do a big carload or two as soon as he's finished with work. (This would be impossible without his muscles). I try to get three or so loads in by myself while he's gone. We've maybe done ten loads already, and I think we have about three left with the car. We're borrowing my papa-in-law's truck this weekend to move our bed, dressers and table.

Our little collection of boxes

I spent most of today organizing the new (big) kitchen and figuring out final places for everything. It feels so good to know that we're moving the rest of our stuff into an apartment that's already half full but organized and put away!

Even though I like our method, I'm not going to lie, I'm so exhausted! This is wearing me right out. It feels great. It's that good kind of tired, where you're proud of all you accomplished. I didn't have the energy to work out today, but my muscles don't know the difference.

**Big thank you to Kimball for the much needed massage tonight!! He seriously offers almost every night and I usually turn him down, but not tonight. He's the best.**


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog and I love your updates! We are moving starting on Tuesday and we are basically doing the same thing as you. I love organizing too! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

    ReplyDelete