Friday, May 15, 2009

fleeing the country

so i was hanging out at my apartment this afternoon when, all at once, there was a knock on the door. it was my friend (who i haven't seen for quite some time). he handed me a ziplock bag and said, "have fun in canada" (you see, i'm leaving in the morning for canada to attend my sister's wedding). 

he walked away, and i looked down at what was in my hand. 

it made my day. 

*

there was a little piece of paper which i pulled out and read, hoping for some sort of explanation. this little bag was full of very random things. the note said this:

"fleeing the country kit"
*
-foreign money (in case you have to flee another country)
*
clay (for driving and for prison)
*
chocolate (for bribes)
*
- candy cane carbs for energy (running and climbing fences)
*
- water flavor for making unpotable water standable
*
pen for writing letters seeking political asylum.

what more could a girl returning to her homeland ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment