Thursday, May 14, 2009

one year

today is may 14th 2009. 

the last door i knocked on as 'sister olsen' - they didn't answer... which is probably best since i was busy photographing their door.

a year ago today i was a missionary. and then it ended - just like that. 

the others that left LA with me a year ago

it's a strange feeling, finishing a mission.

one thing that always gets me is when people say that their mission was the best two years of their life. yes, it's amazing, and i always will love those years, but shouldn't life just get better as the time goes on? adapting the things you learn from so much time of service is an amazing experience. i've loved it so much. 

this year i saw my mom, brother, sister (and soon another sister) get married. brooklyn had a baby, i got to experience the middle east, start learning arabic, and realized that arabic is more than just a cool language, but that it's the love of my life. i figured out (i think) what i want to do with my life, i learned so much about dating, and about myself, i've kept in touch with people from my mission, and have been able to connect with them in a different way, and most importantly perhaps, i've just come to know who i really am. 

it's been the best year of my life. 

i hope to say the same thing a year from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment