Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Labor day weekend

I thought we'd be too busy with the move too enjoy this weekend, but we ended up having plenty of time to relax and spend time with all sorts of loved ones. My little niece (pictured) was blessed in church on Sunday, and she also happens to be the sweetest little thing alive in that pretty dress. We got to spend most of Sunday at my sissie's house in Salt Lake, where we ate much good food and played with their five chickens (thanks for the eggs, Brit!) The party was already getting started at my in-law's on Sunday evening, so we stopped by on our way home and got to play with another adorable baby-niece. There are babies everywhere these days.

Monday, Labor Day, was a long, tiring, and very enjoyable day. We woke up early-ish and ran to the park near our house. Kimball and I love working out together, and our latest routine is so fun. We bring my phone and use the Sworkit app (it's free and awesome. It gives you a new random exercise to do every 30 seconds for as long as you want to go, interspersed with short breaks). We let the app tell us what moves to do and then whenever the app gives us a 30-second break, we sprint (or run backwards or sideways, etc.) to this tree and back. It's so hard and so fun, especially in the morning.

We cleaned up and headed to the in-laws for Belgian waffles, long chats out in the sun, whiffle ball (while I read Les Miserables) more baby love and fun with the littles, and these really great pork tacos made by sis-in-law.

We headed out early and went from one party to the next. Some of my friends from study abroad days were having a BBQ, so we headed back down to Provo to spend some time with them. It had been way too long since I'd seen many of them, and it was so fun to catch up and enjoy even more great food. We were going to go to Seven Peaks after the BBQ, but we ended up staying longer than we thought, which worked out well, because just as we were leaving we got a text from some friends who had moved away that were back in town for the weekend! We left the BBQ and met up with them for a game of mini golf in which none of us played by the rules (way more fun), I got a hole-in-one in the first hole, and then I successfully hit my ball into a pond at the last hole. That might have been intentional. I just wanted to see if I could, and I did. We ended our long day with ice cream (always a great way to wrap things up) and headed home tired and happy. We're still living in a bit of a mess over here, but we've consolidated the mess in the second bedroom, so it's functional.

This year is already going by too fast, but this weekend got me so excited for the holidays! They can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that baby is pretty. Sounds like a successful labour day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I missed it. And how cute is her dress?

    ReplyDelete