Monday, August 06, 2012

Vegetable pizza

This pizza was not originally going to be a vegetarian dish, but when the pepperoni I had looked rather unappetizing, even though it's scheduled expiration was a month off, I changed directions. I chucked it, and we compensated with most every vegetable in the fridge (except mushrooms. I had forgotten about them, which is sad. I love mushrooms on pizza).

Neither of us could believe how great the end result was. We've decided that it's our go-to pizza from now on. We don't need meat on our pizza to make us happy. We like to buy pre-made, whole wheat dough (so cheap and easy), and then I whip up sauce with diced or fresh tomatoes, which I love. Canned tomato sauce has such a different flavor to me, which isn't bad at all, I just think fresh tomatoes are heaven. On this particular pizza we enjoyed onions, green peppers, zucchini, Italian squash, fresh tomatoes, fresh chopped spinach, and lots of mozzarella. If you're making pizza anytime soon, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment