Thursday, August 02, 2012

أنا أحب الحمص

Hummus will always have a special place in my heart. The flavor brings me straight back to Jordan if it's made right, and to Cairo if it could use a bit of tweaking... No offense Egypt. I love your koshiry even more than hummus! Jordanian hummus is my favorite so far, but I've heard Syria does it right, too. Also, I can't make it or eat it without starting to sing the opening song of the classic "al-Layla al-Kabira" Egyptian marionette video.

I have yet to perfect my recipe, so no point in sharing it yet, but I'm working on it, and that's blog-worthy. I should probably be making smaller batches as I experiment... Today's effort is decent, but it definitely needs some refining; a little less tahini and a little more garlic, perhaps.

I will get it, though, and then we'll eat it every day for the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment