Monday, June 11, 2012

Muffins

If you're like me and love muffins but hate that half the muffin sticks to the paper liner, then boy do I have great news for you! This post is actually two tips in one. See, I also hate cooking spray. I'm here today to show you how to not get grease all over the place when spraying your pans.

Maybe this is old news for some of you, but I'm going to just continue to believe that I came up with both of these tips. They might make me famous on pinterest!!!

Tip one: spray your muffin tin liners with non-stick spray! It's a bit overkill, since most people just spray the pan or use liners that work (I'm not paying more for the fancy ones, though). I say just do both. Get cheap liners, and spray them. The muffins will slide right out of their little skins! No wasted muffin!

Tip two: Don't spray your non-stick spray into a pan over your floor, counter, or even your sink! It will cover whatever's beneath it. Gross! It's grease! It sticks and builds up, and you'll have to clean it later. I like to put the pan (or muffin tin liner) that needs spraying on my open dishwasher door. If I spray it there, the dishwasher will rid itself of the grease when I start a wash cycle, and my floor stays clean! What a great little self-cleaner! Obviously if you don't have a dishwasher this won't work for you, but at least spray your pans out a window or door if you can.

When I was little I loved spraying our pinewood floors with Pam and sliding around in my socks. How annoying. My apologies, mother.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Makes me wonder why I didn't think of this before. :) I suddenly have a strong desire to make muffins!

    ReplyDelete