Saturday, June 09, 2012

Hair mask

I have horrible split ends. I have for about the last five years. Even after a trim, my hair is just dry and brittle at the ends. I'm basically okay with it, and I don't stress about it (it's the price of long, fine hair in this climate), but I will occasionally start thinking I can fix it. I never end up solving anything, but this time I think I did actually make a small difference, and I had a lot of fun.

I made a hair mask. I mixed olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, and apple cider vinegar, and I combed it through my hair. It was disgusting and so much fun. I had all these green chunks in my hair, and all through my comb. I let it sit in there for about 15 minutes (it smelled horrible!!) and then I spent the next twenty or so minutes trying to rinse it out. It was difficult and frustrating, but I finally did it, and my hair smelled normal!

I probably won't do it again... too much work for what it accomplished. What did it accomplish, you ask? Well, my dear husband complimented my hair that night. He said it looked extra shiny and really pretty. Thanks, babe. Sorry I'm not keeping it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment