Sunday, April 01, 2012

Today and yesterday were fantastic! It was General Conference, which is like a New Year celebration for me, but twice a year, and usually more spiritual. I always re-examine my life, my goals, and my priorities during Conference. I generally leave with greater resolve and so many new goals. I really love it. It's also such a nice weekend as we typically spend it with family. We spent Saturday and my Mom's house with my family and then today was with Kimball's family. I loved, most especially, the talks by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Paul B. Pieper (link not up yet), Jeffrey R. Holland, M. Russell Ballard (link not up yet), and of course President Thomas S. Monson, who spoke about the questions everyone has in life (like "where did we come from?") and gave answers to them. Some themes that stood out to me were the importance of the family, overcoming trials, receiving personal revelation, reverence for the sacred, and coming unto Christ. Some things I plan on working on are judging less and not gossiping, becoming more acquainted with The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and being more tuned in to the Spirit, which will include improving the way I spend my Sabbath days, scripture study time, prayers, and temple attendance. 

I feel such a sense of renewal after conference, and I already can't wait to listen to these talks again and to study them for the next six months. If you didn't get a chance to hear these inspired words, go here to read, watch, or listen to them.  

The picture of the LDS Conference Center is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment