Tuesday, August 02, 2011

August

This month a few members of my family and I are doing a 30-day challenge of sorts. We all get to choose our own goals, but we being held accountable to one another, and encouraging each other to do what we've committed to do. My goals include drinking more water (3 liters/day), working out regularly, and more intensely (my new favorite app = Nike Training Club), getting all my thank you notes written (I'm overwhelmed with everyone's generosity, and because you were all so generous, it's going to take forever to write these all!*), going to bed and waking up earlier, writing in my journal, or blogging, recording my calorie intake and being more aware of what I'm putting in my body, reading at least a page of The Hobbit in Arabic (if I do that, I'll have finished it by the time the film comes out in December 2012... I know, it's slow) and, last but not least, reading the Book of Mormon before the month is out. That's 18 pages a day. A few of us are doing the Book of Mormon, and it was my sister's idea. I'm loving it so far! I just have to make sure I don't get behind... Luckily, I finished The Count of Monte Cristo last week, so I won't have anything pulling my attention away. I think this 30-day challenge will be a monthly thing, and I can't wait to come up with new goals for myself in the coming months. Suggestions?



*Some one gave us the most adorable gift. It's a pretty apron and some seashell measuring spoons from Anthropologie. Either there was no card, or it got lost. If you gave us this pretty little gift, thank you! Please identify yourself! If you know who it was from, please let me know. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. The 30 day challenge sounds like such a great idea! We are going to have to try it.

    Also, the present without a card was from Julian & I. Sorry, I must have lost the card on the way to your reception. I'm such a spaz. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete