Thursday, August 06, 2009

kip


our assignment in my arabic class today was to pick a scene from a movie, translate it into arabic, and act it out for the class. i haven't laughed so hard in a long time. speaking in kip's little wimpy voice in arabic, and saying to naboolioon ('napoleon' in an arabic accent) "don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day" in a butchered arabic translation was one of the funnier things i've experienced. i even made myself a mustache. my classmates told me that i looked surprisingly like him... i took it as a compliment.


 



we did the scene where... well... this one (i edited it to be just what we actually said):

Napoleon: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip!

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting 
online with babes all day.

[Doorbell Rings] 

Napoleon: I'll go get it.

Deb: Um, hello. Would you like to look like this?       

Napoleon: This is a girl.

Deb: Well, maybe you'd be interested in 
some home-woven handicrafts.

Napoleon: I already made, like, infinity of those 
at Scout camp.

Deb: Well, is anyone else here? I'm trying to earn 
money for college.

Kip: Your mom goes to college.
*** 
for anyone out there that may speak arabic, i just have 
to share my lines... 

we had to simplify, and we cut out a lot, 
but it was still just so funny to me. first, i said:

نبوليون... ماتغيرش عشان انا اتكلمت مع كتكوتات في الكمبيوتر كل اليوم 

and then at the end i said:

والدتيك بتروح الجامعة

haha... it still gets me.

by the way, i think it's been long enough, and i've forgotten most of the lines i used to have memorized. 

i think i need to watch napoleon dynamite again soon.

*

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I love your facial expressions...
    wish I could have been in that class.
    too funny

    ReplyDelete