Monday, January 16, 2012

2012

In the last 59 days since November 19th, we have spent a total of 29 nights away from home and only 30 nights in our own home. It has been crazy. We have been living out of suitcases and re-locating like it's our job. We have packed up and filled our car to go somewhere else a total of 12 times.

It all started with that pesky fire, which left us homeless for fourteen days, and for the rest of the time we were at one of our parents' homes for the holidays or babysitting our cute nieces and nephew for 6 days (just last week). Our house has been in a state of disaster ever since the fire (with the exception of maybe 6 days when I got it looking great before we had to leave again. I even put up a christmas tree and decorated (minimally) for Christmas, but it was hardly even enjoyed. So sad. Since things have been so crazy, we have even put of our New Year's resolution making until this weekend. Tomorrow is our new start. We spent the first two Saturdays of this year in bed all day... relaxation bookends to the crazy, tiring week of tending three kids. I know it was ridiculously excessive of us to spend both of those days reading, watching movies, cuddling, and sleeping, but people keep telling us to enjoy this time before children, so we are. Shamelessly. In the few spare moments I had here in my home (especially my kitchen) I was able to scrounge together some Christmas gifts and treats for loved ones. I still haven't even finished one gift, and I'm thinking it will end up being a Valentine's gift (that's for you Alisa & Euan... so sorry!) Despite the frustration of feeling like our home isn't our own lately, it's been really nice to spend so much time with our families, and to spend so much time with Kimball. My husband and I have never not been able to spend a ton of time together since we got married, so that wasn't new, but it's still just as great as ever, and it deserves mentioning.

One of my goals for this year is to keep a better journal and to keep up on my blog. I have too much time on my hands not to... especially because all this time = lots of new recipes and crafts. So, even though I say it like every four months, I'm going to be blogging regularly again soon. I have a million pictures I want to post, too! Life has been great since we got married, but I have a feeling it's about to get even better. We just feel like things are going to start looking WAY up. This has potential to be the best year yet. Here's to 2012!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you're doing well. We have high hopes for 2012 as well. Warren is out of a job and so things are interesting around here! But we're hopeful and trying to be faithful and are excited about the baby girl joining our family in just a few months. Look forward to hearing more from you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete