Friday, January 25, 2013

Sick, tired, and bored out of my mind


I've been sick in bed for two days now, and it's making me crazy. Yesterday I was tired, weak, and achy. Today I woke up with a horrible sore throat on top of the other symptoms. Seriously, every joint and muscle in my body hurts. It's very annoying. I'm too weak to get up for more than about twenty minutes at a time, which means I'm bored out of my mind. Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Google Reader, and even the 2 or 3 lame games I have on my phone have lost their appeal. Reading takes too much effort. Netflix was great yesterday, but I'm tired of watching movies now, too. What's a girl to do?

The worst part is that since Kimball's just starting at the U of U, we're still in the process of setting up health insurance through them, so I don't want to go to a doctor yet. But I'm pretty sure I should. I've been scouring the internets for cold and flu remedies, and I'm willing to try almost anything.

So far I've tried the following:

- tea with honey
- eating lots of citrus
- drinking apple cider vinegar with honey in hot water
- drinking those fizzy vitamin drinks
- eating raw garlic (see pic. I made it tastier by spreading it on a toasted bagel with avocado, tomato, and sea salt)
- homemade chicken soup (I had to get out of bed, and making soup was the perfect distraction)
- peppermint tea with honey, cloves, and coconut oil
- inhaling steam
- gurgling listerine (which seriously tastes like gasoline or paint thinner... at least whatever flavor we have in the house.)
- green smoothies to boost the old immune system

Unfortunately, most of these are preventative measures... I'm at my wit's end. I want to just sleep for a week and wake up better, but when I do sleep I wake up feeling worse. In fact I seem to wake up from the pain of swallowing or something. Not fun.

And we were going to celebrate my birthday today. :(

Pity party at the Germane household tonight!

1 comment:

  1. If you can stomach going to a Riteaid or the grocery store get yourself some Theraflu- it helps a lot with the symptoms without making you groggy. Be sure to get lemon flavor. Feeling sick is the worst :(.

    ReplyDelete