Sunday, March 18, 2012

Corner of your house

This corner of the kitchen is usually relatively un-exciting (except for the mortar and pestle from Alisa). Actually, I take it back. It's home to some pretty great things, including our knives from my brother and sister-in-law (which have changed my life! Usually about half are missing from the block because they're alway in use), my favorite bigger kitchen utensils (amazing tongs, W&S silicone spatula, the avocado tool, lettuce knife, etc.), olive oil, orange-infused olive oil, balsamic vinegar and balsamic glaze. I wasn't thinking about any of those things today though, because I had something delicious on my mind.


My awesome husband made buttermilk scones this evening, which we topped with homemade (not by me) raspberry jam. He also made orange juice in our blender with mostly ice instead of water. It was this perfect slushy masterpiece! It was the best Sunday afternoon snack after waking from the best Sunday afternoon nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment